The subject basically says it all.  I need to decide whether to upgrade our backup Exec licenses, or move to another solution.  On one hand, Backup Exec seems overly complicated, overly priced, and too tape-centric. On the other, maybe I should just stick with the devil I know.
I only need to worry about 2 physical servers, and several, probably no more than 5 or 6  Hyper-V VMs.
BackupAssist http://www.backupassist.com is relatively inexpensive, simple and Hyper-V aware. Another option I am looking at is Microsoft System Center: Data Protection Manager; However, I need to do more research into how it is priced and licensed before seriously considering it.
Any thoughts?

Thanks,

--Al