At 10:00 AM 1/27/2011, David McFarlane wrote:
I have been hearing scary stories about IPv4 addresses running out later this year.  Which gets me wondering, is MSU doing anything to prepare for this, or need we do anything?  Thanks.

-- dkm

This is more for your amusement than your enlightenment, but maybe ten years ago there was an article in one of the well-known trade magazines that listed Michigan State University as one of a handful of institutions that were hogging a lot more IP addresses than they needed.   Doug Nelson may have turned some of the excess over to MERIT.  (I'm not sure where I got that idea, though.  It might have come from the voices in my head.)

Doesn't make the issue go away, of course.

John Gorentz