I have a couple of users who are complaining that 1 gig of mail isn't enough. I happen to know they receive a lot of attachments.  I was wondering if there was a way, either via a mail client or via the web interface, to keep the email intact, but remove the attachment?  So they can save the document to their computer, but remove the document from the mail message on the server, thus freeing up space?

I can't find a way to do it via the web interface.  (Though i know how things don't have a way of making it to obvious places there.)  I don't use the MSU mail system as i have my own exchange, but faculty are not on that box yet.

If there was a mail client that could "remove" the attachment, would MSU's mail system be set up to allow it to do so?

Thanks for any info anyone might have!

-dak
This message is only for the intended recipient(s).
If you are not the named recipient you should not read,
distribute or copy this email.  Any views or opinions
expressed in this email are those of the author and do
not represent those of Michigan State University or the
College of Music.  Any information obtained from or
contained in these emails is confidential.  No
information will be shared or given to any persons
outside of the appropriate department(s).