Hi,

We have a cluster with network that is isolated from the campus network.
  I'd like to have access to this network from another (nearby) room.
Need a couple VLANs carried across this link (VLAN trunk) and need for
layer 2 things to behave the same over the remote connection as on the
cluster's network.  Want to be able to PXE boot computers in the remote
room same as if directly attached to cluster network...

If we get two SSL VPN devices, can they be setup to do this?  Maybe two
Netgear FVS336G.  Would this usage of the campus network be allowed?

Also considering just running a cable...

Thanks, I'm not very familiar with VPNs.

-Tom