On 12/8/10 11:10 AM, Aldrich, Dak wrote:
> I have a couple of users who are complaining that 1 gig of mail isn't enough. I happen to know they receive a lot of attachments.  I was wondering if there was a way, either via a mail client or via the web interface, to keep the email intact, but remove the attachment?  So they can save the document to their computer, but remove the document from the mail message on the server, thus freeing up space?
>
> I can't find a way to do it via the web interface.  (Though i know how things don't have a way of making it to obvious places there.)  I don't use the MSU mail system as i have my own exchange, but faculty are not on that box yet.
>
> If there was a mail client that could "remove" the attachment, would MSU's mail system be set up to allow it to do so?

I user Eudora OSE which is basically wrapped around Thunderbird. I think
it removes attachments from the server by default when I click on the
attachment at the bottom of the message.

So, my conclusion is that Thunderbird would work in the manner you ask
about and the central mail server cooperates.... /L

--
Leo Sell
ATS Help Desk