  I'm not getting any less paranoid as I get ready to start gently beginning
to approach middle age, and I have decided I don't want to do much of
anything online over an unsecured WiFi network.  Now with Firefox plugins
like Firesheep it's all too easy to snoop browser cookies.  So I want to use
a VPN pretty much all the time.
  The MSU VPN protects traffic to and from MSU destinations only (right?).
Is it possible to use the MSU VPN on all my traffic, by changing the default
route?  Specifically, is this allowed, and will it work?  I can see why that
might be against policy, because of the extra traffic load.
  If that's not an option, can anyone recommend a simple appliance that I
can install at home for this?  I'd much prefer an out-of-the-box solution,
provided it's not crazy expensive.  But if I have to I can find an old
vacuum cleaner and install Linux on it, or get a Linksys router and use
DD-WRT.  But six months from now I bet I won't remember all the details.

  Any recommendations?  Oh yeah: it needs to work with both Windows and OS
X.

--
Carl Raymond
Software Developer