Check out Richcopy
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/2009.04.utilityspotlight.asp

Don

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Wheeler [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, September 24, 2010 12:15 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MSUNAG] Windows 2008 file system (newbie-?)

Hi, all--
This is probably a newbie question: I haven't had a chance to really
learn Windows 2008 yet.

I host some Windows 2003 file servers on which users sometimes share
executable files along with their data files.  We're looking at moving
to Windows 2008, but it seems that whenever a folder contains an
executable file, some form of write-protection is applied to the folder,
affecting administrators as well as users.  My "effective permissions"
are 'Full Control', but when I try to overwrite a file in the folder I
get "access is denied."  I've heard that this is a "feature" of Windows
2008, to prevent malicious overwriting of executable files.  Is there a
way to get around this, or turn it off?

Thanks!
--Bill.
Bill Wheeler, Systems Administrator