And, as long as we're talking about rephrasing the question--it's incorrect
to use the phrase "legal recourse" this way.

What you want is to "absolve the College of all legal responsibility" or
"liability" or other synonyms.

"Legal recourse" is pretty much an antonym of what you want, referrring
instead to when the law is on your side, and thus aids or assists you in
your goals. As such, it's not something of which you can be absolved.