Of course, I did not get Gary's message until after I got this error
myself and called it into ATS Help.  The earnest young man there
claimed that this only affects Eudora users, but clearly he is
mistaken.  He did, however, explain that this is indeed the result of
a misstep made during an update to the certificates last night, and
he is sending me instructions to fix this in Eudora.  I asked about
putting a notice at help.msu.edu (which I dutifully checked before
calling ATS Help), he says that ATS plans to fix the certificate
problem shortly so it may not warrant a notice on the web site.

-- dkm