Today I had users report to me that even though they had never created a block list in the past, one has been spontaneously generated for them.   This didn't happen to me, and I'm not sure I believe all the protestations of people who say they never, ever created one, but I believe some of them.   Has anyone else noticed this?    (I didn't help matters because I didn't read the technical note that's linked to on the web page, and so didn't warn our users about the problem discussed here.  I figured the note on the web page was adequate notification.   But it wasn't for those users who rarely touch webmail.)

John Gorentz
W.K. Kellogg Biological Station

At 11:32 AM 8/20/2010, STeve Andre' wrote:
On Friday 20 August 2010 11:16:11 Leo Sell wrote:
> We are investigating further. At this point I can advise you all that
> there was no corruption of data during the migration and we are
> reviewing the data sources.
>
> ATS will issue further explanatory information when it becomes available.

Um, Leo,

it isn't corruption so much as a mess-up.

I saw entries in my accept list that I did not add.  Others have seen things
in their block list.  At this point I think it is undeniable that something
bad happened.  Not horridly bad, but bad enough.

ATS needs to make some kind of announcement now.

It isn't like I've not done things like this, myself.  I once switched several
thousands of users to a new version of a shell, except my script got the
logic wrong: users who wern't using that shell got the upgrade, and those
that needed it, didn't get it....  (oops)

--STeve Andre'