Just wondering if anyone else has seen this and come up with a solution.
Both Office 2007 and Office 2010 can often times be painfully slow,
taking 20 to 30 seconds  when saving files to a Server 2003 based
network share.  It seems that the
problem typically occurs when saving to user's redirected folders, but I
can't rule out that it happens when saving to other shares as well.
files saved from programs other than Office apps, as well as files
copied between clients and the server seem fine, so I don't think this
is a network issue.
My clients are running Windows 7. I have been able to reproduce this
problem with both Office 2007 and 2010. However, it doesn't seem to
occur with Office 2003.
Googling for this issue yields tons of people having similar problems
but I have yet to see an official acknowledgement or hotfix from
Microsoft. Anyone know what the deal is?

Thanks,

Al Puzzuoli

Information Technologist

Resource Center for Persons with Disabilities 517-884-1915 120 Bessey
Hall East Lansing, MI 48824-1033 http://www.rcpd.msu.edu
<http://www.rcpd.msu.edu/>