We have 3 hosts at 32GB RAM also.  Agreed the price gap is just a bit
too much going to that next level, but it's dropping slowly.  We just
got a Dell R800 (?I think that was the model) and when pricing the 64GB
RAM it was actually almost an affordable and cost-effective option, but
I don't remember if that was still cramming it full of 4GB chips or if
it stepped up to 8GB chips.