Called AT&T Tier 2 support to address the same issue yesterday; the
problem seemed to originate at the AT&T router that aggregates traffic
from COs across the midwest.  AT&T repeatedly wouldn't acknowledge that
the issue was further upstream (despite tracert evidence) and suggested
that I replace my modem (hah!)

John Simpkins
International Relations '10
JMC/MSU