At 11:14 AM -0400 5/17/10, l duynslager wrote:
Hello NAG Members:

Is anybody else out there having problems with staying connected to the MSU VPN using a MAC with Snow Leopard?

I have one user that indicates he can't stay connected for more than one minute at a time.   We've uninstalled the client and reinstalled it.

Searches of tech support information on google indicate that something outside of the vpn client is changing the computers routing table which is causing it to drop the connection to the vpn server.  In previous editions of the vpn client this was a known bug caused by bonjour.  However, we turned off bonjour and it still wouldn't keep a connection.

Our service sponsors are looking in to the issue, but they need more feedback from affected MacOS users.

It would be more helpful to running this down if we have a bit more information in our cases.  For instance, I've heard one report that "this started about 2 weeks ago".

If you have some accurate, pertinent info about when the problem started (assuming the VPN connection had been previously working), please contact the help desk with that information so we can add it to the case ticket.

Also, if you or your users have specific information on any error message that displays, that would be useful as well.

Thanks!

--
Leo Sell
ATS Help Desk