From: Aldrich, Dak [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thu 4/29/2010 12:01 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MSUNAG] CD / DVD issues with laptop...

Ok.  So... a user has come to me today....  Go figure...

It's one of my E-6500's that has never been a problem.

About every 5 or 6 disc's he's saying the computer won't read.  Just says there's no disc in the drive.  They're audio CD's that he's trying to import into iTunes.  They play on regular CD players just fine.  He's going to be trying some of them on another computer later today.  But... it's odd.  I do now remember that I replaced the optical drive because of this, though I didn't believe it was an optical drive issue.  After obtaining a new drive from Dell, the new drive did the same thing with the same discs as the first one.  That there tells me it's NOT the optical drive.

Has anyone had this problem?  Several of the discs are commercial discs... Not self burned.

Thanks for any advice anyone might have.

-dak