From: Oscar Castaneda [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, April 29, 2010 10:27 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MSUNAG] guest access

List,
We are organizing an even where we will have 15-20 off campus guests
coming to a meeting for two days. We will use a meeting room in our
building. In order to provide internet access to our guests I am
planning on having one or two routers with wireless access.

Now, the question: the way I always had wireless routers running, the
first time that a user logs in, they are routed to dhcp.msu.edu and they
have to sign on it so they get registered and get access to the campus
computer network . It will kind of cumbersome to go through the process
with 15 guests. Is there some kind of "guest access" for people who is
using the MSU network for a short period of time? any other idea on how
to provide access to this kind of guests?

--
Oscar Castaneda
Michigan State University