At 2:46 PM -0400 3/16/10, John Valenti wrote:
>hi,
>
>I've been meaning to try using Google calendar to schedule our
>conference room (so the calendar would be shared with about 40
>faculty/staff). Just wondering if there are any tips from people
>already doing this?
>
>In particular, is there any good way of creating an access
>permission group that we could just put all our faculty/staff IDs
>in?   Rather than manage it on the web interface. (and perhaps use
>this same group to also control access to a folder share)
>
>thanks
>-John

There is not currently a way to create a "group" of the IDs and
provide access to the group.

Also, while it's fine to use the MSU Google Calendar for scheduling a
conference room(s), it's highly advised that the person who first
creates the calendar (under their own Google/MSU ID) also share
"ownership" with one or more other IDs.

Set the sharing to:  Make changes AND manage sharing

That way, if the original creator of the calendar leaves, someone
else has access to continue to maintain the calendar.

--
Leo Sell
ATS Help Desk