From: Aldrich, Dak [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, February 12, 2010 10:55 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MSUNAG] BES inquiry...

Ok.  So... I'm new to this trend called a BlackBerry.  (It will NEVER replace the iPhone, but for work, I just couldn't justify a second iPhone to keep work and personal phones separate...)

In every way it is great for what I need, except for the main reason I got it.. It's email functionality is SO far under the bar, it's almost unusable without the BES.

As I have a few BB users here, I'm going to be getting the BES, which i understand will solve all of my email woes...  However, I haven't had a chance to read up much on it.  I was wondering about others using it out there... do you run it on it's own dedicated server?  or
do you run it right on the exchange server?  I will have no more than 5 users using it.

Is there any advice that you all might have on it, regarding the setup or general maintenance, that might be useful to a newbie?

Thanks!

-dak

-dak aldrich
-network admin