For the record we use Activesync in MS exchange to support a number of devices and have been very happy with it.

It seems like this is a good time to have a conversation about whether it makes sense to have an entire Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES) or Blackberry Professional Software (BPS)maintained for a handful of people.  The cost can be significant when you take into account maintenance, licenses and support.  I do not mean to pick on BES or BPS but this train of thought can be applied to any enterprise solution that need to be maintained, licensed and supported.

We do have a handful of people who have purchased Blackberry devices and we have referred to AIS who has a Blackberry Enterprise Server offering for about $20.00 per mailbox.  May worth taking a closer look at the AIS offering to see what  your cost benefit analysis tells you.

Others have any thoughts on this?

 Firmin Charlot, ITIL, MCSE, A+, Information Systems Manager

Michigan State University - Student Services

Educational and Support Services   162 Student Services Building   East Lansing, MI 48824
[log in to unmask]  (517) 432-7541
Submit technical requests at https://help.ess.msu.edu/