I'm building a new Windows 7 based image for our public technology lab,
and am toying with the thought of installing OpenAFS; However, I have
some questions as to the viability of the idea in the first place.

Does OpenAFS even work on Windows 7?

Since all users will initially log onto our machines via a single public
account, can OpenAFS be set not to save credentials? When a user does
login to OpenAFS, can I somehow configure the path where OpenAFS expects
its space via an environment variable which would contain the correct
username?

For example, assume all users logged onto our machines under the
username public. Joe logs into the public account, and now wants to
login to OpenAFS as Joe.
Joe logs off, walks away, and Mary logs into the machine. If she
attempts to login to OpenAFS, does any sign of Joe remain, username,
history, etc?

Thanks for any thoughts,

--Al