When it rains it pours, here in the College of Music.  ugh.

So, i have an Exchange server that has a relay set to allow some of my
other servers, and network scanners, to send email through.

However, i've found that it's VERY unreliable.  I can send one, but
then it doesn't want to send out another email for... 60...90...120
seconds.  I can't seem to find a pattern.  It works SOMETIMES, but not
all the time.

When i check the logs of the servers and devices sending mail, it
indicates the connection timed out.  And there appears to have been no
actual attempt to send the mail by the mail server.

Any ideas?  Any questions that might get me thinking?  The purpose of
our Network Scanners was so that faculty could scan a document to PDF
and it would email it to them, no other user interaction required.
This makes that difficult to do that.

The connection is set up to allow anonymous connections on port 25
from 	ONLY the IP's that i've specified...  It was set up via
instructions found in the Microsoft KB.

Thanks!

-dak

-dak aldrich