Hey Rich,

Since you work for ATS (MSU people search), why aren't you voicing concerns like this internally? It's been my experience that the folks over at ATS are quite reasonable and willing to help. Also, I can't fathom how you can spend two hours trying to forward mail when a simple call to the help desk would have you square much quicker than that.

This is the second hissy-fit email I recall seeing from you in recent times, which makes me suspect of your motivation. This isn't a group therapy list, but is there something else you need to share with the group?

-Tony