Granted, the current web mail is a cluster *&^% and not at all intuitive by even IT professionals, apparently.  (Though it only took me 15 seconds to find the forwarding feature.... WITHOUT the help of a half written FAQ.  I'm not sure why we have "MSU Preferences AND Options on the root menu.  Then another MSU Preferences, which is NOT the same as the root MSU Preferences....)

As someone working with a VERY tight budget here, i've had to do things that don't look pretty at all!  But they work.  And people understand.  (At least here on the College level, they're happy to have SOMETHING.)

A few things points...

#5 - Tight budgets.... we have to work with what works.  Even if it's not pretty.  and the current system works.
#4 - MSU treats email as official.... yes... it should be.... What does the UI have to do with that?  Mail sent to and from the university can be "official" with no regard to what software / front end / back end is used to send it.
#3 - If you don't like the web mail system.  DON'T USE IT.  Use a Client.  That's what i do.  I'm not fond of web portals, PERIOD.
#2 - This all started because a user had problems finding the forward feature.  How did we get to where we are?  Really people? (My phrase of the day!)
and the biggest of all....

#1 - WHY did we get started on this to begin with?

Please, for the love of {name of higher power goes here}!
This system has been live for how long?  Your opportunity to b(*&^ about it is well past.  I think ATS did a very sufficient job in allowing us to test and use and abuse and issue our wish list / complaints BEFORE launching the final product.  Please direct complaints and suggestions to the correct department.  I AM NOT THE CORRECT DEPARTMENT!

So, i guess, at this point, I'll ask about where to direct suggestions and comments.  (Not b*&^%es)
Can we send them directly to the ATS helpdesk?  Will they get routed correctly?  Or is there someone else to send them to?
At this point, i have no expectation of anything changing.  If not, fine.  My need for the web mail system is so minute that... it functions just fine for the little i need it, when i need it.

Thank you for your time!

-dak
-dak aldrich
-network admin