At 03:31 PM 10/1/2009, David McFarlane wrote:
>Rich,
>
>>Hotmail was born circa 1997.  MSU's first Webmail client was  born near that time circa 1998, written by a brilliant student, Charles Henrich, under tutelage of Chuck Severance.  Both had UIs superior to the current <http://mail.msu.edu>mail.msu.edu.
>
>That's a matter of opinion.  I found the ca. 1998 version of MSU web mail almost unusable, whereas I find the current MSU web mail actually rather useful from time to time.
>
>I hope that the current MSU e-mail team balances your dislike of their system with my liking of their system, and just call it a wash.  As a dance organizer once said while she collected feedback forms from an event, she will always get complaints no matter what and so thinks she did well enough if she just gets at least as many compliments as complaints.
>
>Just my $.02.  I wonder what others think.
>
>-- dkm

Might be more useful to talk in term of specific features and behaviors that make a system "superior", unusable, etc.   Who knows, maybe we'd find out that some people have different criteria than others for evaluating a system.   That could lead to the discovery that some people view the world differently from others.   Who knows what would happen if the news got around.

John Gorentz