John Valenti wrote:
> PS - I was also underwhelmed by the new DirectAccess feature.  It was
> billed as an easy VPN replacement, if you were using Win7 + W2k8R2. I
> had high hopes for that, but then looked at the "quick start" guide (59
> pages). Lots of requirements: must be running WIndows DNS, windows
> certificate authority, etc. I decided to try an open source vpn first.

What caught me there was that DirectAccess also requires the
Enterprise/Ultimate version of Win7.  I don't know what the price
difference will be from somewhere like Dell, but for the licenses, it's
about double the price.  It's a shame, I had hopes that it might make
setting some stuff up for our users a little easier.

Gary