On Sep 9, 2009, at 10:17 AM, Troy Murray wrote:

> Question:  Does the solution you mention allow the currently
> enormous iTunes
> user base to easy find the content, manage it and download it to their
> iPods?

It does, if you publish the RSS feed, which you can just as easily do
in something like ANGEL, or via e-mail (you can make an itpc:// link
to the content which you're serving from anywhere which will open up
and subscribe you to a podcast).  iTunesU is yet another window to the
same data, served elsewhere.

If we were approaching this like MIT, with an open courseware
initiative, I could see how making things publicly searchable might be
more useful.  Most of the use cases I've heard from our faculty are
more closely related to the desire to have authenticated media, or a
"class page" just for their students (not open to the public).

./mk

--
Matt Kolb  <[log in to unmask]>
Assistant Director