From: MSU Network Administrators Group [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Thomas P. Carter
Sent: Tuesday, August 04, 2009 9:17 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MSUNAG] Local data recovery service recommendations, please

Someone in our department has a hard drive that’s failed, probably because the drive electronics aren’t working anymore; it seems to be spinning OK but the BIOS cannot find the drive, and it’s been tried in several different computers. It’s a WD 10k drive, and apparently others have had problems where the firmware on the drive’s controller gets corrupted. Of course there’s data on it that wasn’t backed up, so the user is asking for recommendations for local data recovery service providers.

I’d welcome any recommendations anyone might have…

Tom

Thomas P. Carter, Ph.D.
Department of Chemistry
Michigan State University