From: MSU Network Administrators Group [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Bill Park
Sent: Thursday, July 30, 2009 1:07 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MSUNAG] MS Office 2007 slow print/save

Hello All,

I recently have had a couple different users in my department who are using MS Office Ent 2007 have trouble with different office programs hanging up when they go to save or print.  I have checked to make sure none of the network drives (3-4 of them) are disconnected or broken as I know that can cause this problem.  All available updates/patches have been applied.  I also tried disabling 'Automatically search for network folders and printers' in folder options and it appeared to have worked for a bit but the problem is back.  The problem is pretty intermittent so it's pretty tough to troubleshoot and find a working fix.  I have also tried disabling any and all addons for the particular office app.  Tried disabling my A/V software (NOD32) temporarily as well to no avail.  I'm running out of ideas and was wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue and knows of a fix.

(If it helps the network printer they are connecting to is an HP Color LJ 4650)

Thanks,
Bill