Good afternoon everyone, I hope you've been enjoying the summer.

As the current chairperson of the NCC-CAFE, I'm requesting a call for nominations for the chair position. Participation in the NCC-CAFE is open to any member of the MSU community with an interest in network communications issues that affect the MSU Campus networks. For anyone unfamiliar with the Network Communications Community Cafe, please read our charter, found on the MSU Forums page at:

http://forums.msu.edu/showthread.php?t=417

The responsibilities of Chair include setting the meeting schedule, overseeing meetings of the group and it's Steering Committee, coordinating group activities, and publishing document drafts and completed documents to our Forums.  For a list of previous topics and activities of this CAFE, review the charter as well as our Forums pages, which I confess have been underutilized to date.

Any nominees for chairperson should be a member of the MSU Community.  In order to maintain the independent voice of the group, any candidate should not be a member of campus organizations which already have a reserved seat on the CAFE, namely LC&T, Physical Plant, and Telecommunications.  Finally, please obtain the permission of the person you wish to nominate for the position before submitting a nomination.

I'll accept nominations by phone, email, or campus mail, until September 4th.  A ballot of all nominees will be presented to all attendees at the first NCC-CAFE meeting after that date, and a simple majority vote will elect the position.  As in previous years, if no nominations are forthcoming, I would be willing to continue as chairperson for another academic year.

Please feel free to email me if you have questions or concerns, and my thanks as always for your time an attention.

John A. Resotko
Head of Systems Administration
Michigan State University College of Law
208 Law College Building
East Lansing, MI  48824-1300
email: [log in to unmask]
Phone: 517-432-6836