We just received a Dell desktop computer with Windows Search 4.0
installed instead of Google Desktop.  It has a search box in the same
place that Google Desktop had a search box.  Has anyone had time to make
a comparison?  Are we confident that Windows Search does not have a mode
where it will put search indexes (and copies of data) on a Microsoft
server, causing the same security-privacy complaint as Google Desktop?