Al Puzzuoli wrote:
> Just curious as to what the story is on this weekend's mail outage?
> I called ATS today because I noticed  that I hadn't gotten any
> external email since yesterday afternoon.  Case number 38773 was
> created and as of about an hour ago, external mail began to come in
> once again.  It would seem that the problem is fixed; but my concern
> is for any mail sent during the trouble period?  in the comments for
> the case, I saw reference to MX13 being down.  Can we expect messages
> sent yesterday to trickle in as servers retry delivery, or are they
> just gone?

Al,

Sorry, just getting back in from a long weekend otherwise I would have
followed up on this yesterday. There appears to be one mail server that
was hung, and as you noted it was mx13. I am still investigating what
is/was wrong with mx13, in the meantime it is out of our load balancer.
All mail servers that are RFC-compliant will resend their messages, in
fact I've seen a bunch of messages from list trickle in already.

Regards,
./brm