A user of mine is attempting to use a grant website.  The website indicates he needs to have Acrobat Reader 9.1 or 8.1.1.  He has the  Adobe 7 Professional Writer, which was updated to the latest.

So the user attempted installing both of these versions 9.1 and 8.1.1 separately with them both erroring  within seconds of the start of the install.  The dialog box indicates: “AdbeRdrX.XX_en_US.exe has encountered a a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience”.

Event logs indicate in the Application Log an event id 1000.
Desc:  Faulting application adberdr811_en_us.exe version 1.0.0.921, faulting module adberdr811_en_us.exe version 1.0.0.921, fault address 0x00081cf1.

We’ve already run a registry cleaner, disabled any unneccessary services and start up progs, deleted temp files, restarted.

There is nothing on adobe’s site about this problem and I could not find anything specific on the web either.

Anybody seen this problem?  How’d you fix it?  I was hoping to not have to deinstall Acrobat 7 Professional Writer.

LD