Many of my users are reporting SMTP errors when sending from mail.msu.edu:

----- sent FROM yyyyyyy

There was an error sending your message: Failed to add recipient: xxxxxxx@msu.edu [SMTP: Invalid response code received from server (code: 550, response: Verification failed for <yyyyyyy@msu.edu> Unrouteable address Sender verify failed)]

=====

When I send a test email to these accounts, I receive this error:

-----  sent TO  yyyyyyy

There was an error sending your message: Failed to add

recipient: yyyyyyy @msu.edu [SMTP:Invalid response code received from

server (code:550,response: 5.1.1 unknown user yyyyyyy @msu.edu)]

=====

I have reported this to ATS, of course, but I was wondering if anyone else is seeing this same problem.  It started on Saturday 4/4/09 for us.

 ~ Esther

Esther V. V. Reed

IT Systems Administrator

MSU Graduate School