WIndows Live just did something a little unsettling.  I was using the
Windows Explorer "Send To" fuinction on a relatively new computer on which
I've not configured Outlook or any other e-mail client, and I hadn't yet
enabled the Gmail Notifier client.

As soon as I hit the right click I thought "Oh, Vista is going to ask me to
set up Outlook now" but instead a dialog box popped up asking for my Gmail
account ID and PW.

Since I initiated the sending I obliged, and Windows Live mail happily sent
my file.  But then it started siphoning my Gmail in-box, all 36,982 messages
dating to April 1994, into my Windows Live mail account.

I don't really use Windows Live and don't remember setting it up as my
default mail client on this computer.  I do remember signing onto Hotmail to
pick up some stranded content a couple of months ago.

When we worrry about cloud computing and sensitive info, I guess we need to
not only worry about each cloud provider, we also need to think about clouds
doing battle...

/rich