What would we do without Microsoft's wonderful documentation?  I was
downloading the BitLocker Password Recovery tool, and scanning the notes
in the download details at:
http://tinyurl.com/ahh46u
  I found the following piece of wisdom to be particularly insightful,
and thought I had best share it with my fellow techies, lest it should
escape some of us:

 Note: BitLocker does not need to be installed on the computer for you
to use the BitLocker Recovery Password Viewer Tool, but the system must
be running.

 Al Puzzuoli

Michigan State University

Information Technologist
http://www.rcpd.msu.edu

Resource Center for Persons with Disabilities

120 Bessey Hall East Lansing, MI  48824-1033

517-884-1915