On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 11:56 AM, Tim Barney <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> I wondered if anyone has experience using LInux-HA (High Availability) along
> with DRBD (provides software SAN)? Any one use these with a couple of MySQL
> servers for failover purposes?

DRBD in synchronous[1] mode tends to be slow.  If database performance
is something you care about I would be concerned.  I have no
experience with DRBD in other modes; but I'm pretty conservative and I
would hate to have my app call write(somedata) with an asynchronous
write that never completes because drbd is dead.

I've used Linux-HA.  Properly set up with network close nodes it works great.

[1] Not sure if I have the right term.  I mean the mode in which
syscalls do not return until data is written to the remote disk.