>With a lot of staff in cubicles, looking out the window for weather
>information isn't possible.
>
>Too many of the weather display apps are annoying, broadcasting UDP
>packets on port 7100, or infested with malware.
>
>Is there a campus weather display system that people can connect to
>for temperature? And possibly forecasts?

Not answering the question as asked, but...  At home I have an
inexpesive digital indoor thermometer with a radio remote placed
outdoors to show outdoor temperature, and I just bought another set
for my own office here.  Would that work for some people?

And as for forecasts, how about the NOAA's own website, e.g.,
http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Lansing&state=MI&site=GRR&textField1=42.7091&textField2=-84.554&e=0
?

-- dkm