It’s kinda funny... I started seeing this problem yesterday on campus....  DHCP was issuing incomplete information....  And the only thing ATS could come up with was “You must have a rouge DHCP server somewhere in your building.”.  Why is that that the pat answer to every problem I call with?

-dak

On 1/21/09 9:35 AM, "John B. Johnston" <[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Lee Duynslager wrote:
> All of my users systems that have DHCP assigned addresses can't
> traceroute past a router in the computer center.   The systems that
> have static IP's can get out to the internet.
>
> Is that the case for all the campus?
>

> LD
Yes, that's the case here.  Apparently it's a campus-wide problem.

John

--
John B. Johnston
505 Biochemistry Building

Phone:  (517) 432-7177
Email:  [log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]

* dak aldrich
* network admin
* college of music, msu
* [log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
* 517.432.5045
* comit.music.msu.edu