Aldrich, Dak wrote:
> It’s another wonderful day, here at MSU. But at least it’s sunny!
>
> I have had 3 users just report to me, and I have verified against my
> exchange server, that they have not received any mail from hotmail
> users since about 7AM yesterday. Apparently, they have been expecting
> things, that have been sent several times today, and have not received
> them. They haven’t hit my exchange server, either.
>
> The originator did not receive any error messages.
>
> My users have their MSU set to forward to their exchange account here.
>
> Is anyone else having similar problems? It appears to be only hotmail
> having issues... For now...
Dak,

Thanks for bringing this to my/our attention. Looks like greylisting is
at fault here. We have an automated process that gets a listing of valid
Microsoft/Hotmail IPs and another process that traps email claiming to
come from hotmail, but not matching those IPs. It seems there are some
new IP addresses.

I have removed the trapped entries and am going to let the greylisting
process hopefully work itself out naturally while I investigate further.
I need to get a handle on what and how much has changed.

Regards,
./brm