This is not an exact science but I would say take the hard drive out
and drop it from about a foot high on a hard surface. This usually
work if the heads that read the hard is stuck somehow.  The idea is
that by dropping it, they can become unstuck.
I have tried this techniques successfully in the past.

Good luck

Firm.

On Jan 13, 2009, at 10:21 PM, "Richard Wiggins" <[log in to unmask]