Quoting "Robert Kriegel" <[log in to unmask]>:

> This forwarding issue may cause significant problems to users in
> units running their own mail servers.  Many of these users forward
> some or all of their messages to their unit's mail server.

To reiterate: if users currently have a forwarding address set in the
legacy service's mail forwarding preference, that setting will be carried
over to the new service. So, that should be a nonissue.

If anyone wishes to set autoforwarding, my understanding is that  they can
do so in the legacy service until 12/22/08. On and after that, they can do so using
the forwarding function that will be available in the new service (as per the FAQ).

If anyone is using filters in the legacy service to do the forwarding, they would
be advised to use the standard preference-based approach.

/L