From: MSU Network Administrators Group [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Brian Martinez
Sent: Monday, December 22, 2008 3:17 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [MSUNAG] "Possible spam" messages

Folks,

Beginning today, we turned spam processing on for all incoming email.
That is to say all email that passes through our MX boxes. This it touched
upon in our FAQ for the new mail.msu.edu here:
http://techbase.msu.edu/article.asp?id=10902#s46349

What you are seeing is merely a "Spam Report" As I said, every single
solitary message that goes through mx##.mail.msu.edu will get processed for
it, regardless of if it is spam or not. If it is spam... it will be marked
as such ***** SPAM *****

We feel the "Spam Report" is a useful tool when it comes time for
troubleshooting.

Thank you for your feedback.
./brm