From: David McFarlane [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, December 22, 2008 4:38 PM
To: Chris Wolf
Subject: Re: [MSUNAG] "Possible spam" messages

Chris,

>It looks as though you are seeing this message because you use Eudora.
>Some other programs, such as Webmail itself and Microsoft Outlook,
>don't display message headers by default so those users won't even be
>aware of it.  In Eudora, you can suppress the display of any and all
>headers, which is what I would do with this new header (X-Spam-Report) if I
were still using Eudora.

Thanks.  Indeed, I do use Eudora, maybe that is why this does not seem to
bother others.  I do have it set to not display most message headers by
default (i.e., I have to press "blah blah blah" to see all the headers), but
the X-Spam headers still get displayed, maybe I am just missing some other
setting, I would be very glad if someone could point that out to me.

>On the other hand, I agree that the message itself is totally
>incorrect. I think it's quite clear that the mail system has in fact
>NOT determined that the message is possible spam. The mail team
>shouldn't be making excuses for the wording of this header, but should fix
it.

My sentiments exactly.

-- dkm