Folks,

Beginning today, we turned spam processing on for all incoming email.
That is to say all email that passes through our MX boxes. This it
touched upon in our FAQ for the new mail.msu.edu here:
http://techbase.msu.edu/article.asp?id=10902#s46349

What you are seeing is merely a "Spam Report" As I said, every single
solitary message that goes through mx##.mail.msu.edu will get processed
for it, regardless of if it is spam or not. If it is spam... it will be
marked as such ***** SPAM *****

We feel the "Spam Report" is a useful tool when it comes time for
troubleshooting.

Thank you for your feedback.
./brm