I had a few direct responses to this. The be$t value was a note from
the Computer Store that the $996 price was incorrect. It has been
changed and is now $833.  So you save about $30 per copy if you can
use the five pack.

Clifford speculates that it can be used concurrently from a server,
which I'm not sure about. For the light usage here and hassle of
metering it, I don't think I would bother.

Thanks for your replies!
-John