From: MSU Network Administrators Group [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of David McFarlane
Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2008 5:37 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MSUNAG] Videos show in only one WMP window

We have a system with dual DVI outputs cloned to go to two screens.  For
reasons I will not go into, one of those goes through a DVI to VGA adapter
plus other equipment before it reaches a monitor.  We need to play some
video files on both screens of this system.  When we run the files in WMP or
whatever, they show up just fine on the direct DVI monitor.  However, the
other montitor shows everything on the screen *except* the video playing in
the window.  This only happens with some videos.  Some videos show up just
fine on both screens, while others show up on the direct DVI screen but not
the other.

We cannot figure out how to make this hardware work with all our videos, or
make all our videos work with this hardware.  At this point I suspect the
DVI to VGA adapter, but that is only a guess.  Perhaps there is some oddball
copy protection in place that blocks just the video pixels in going from DVI
to VGA.  But who knows?

Anybody have any ideas?  Thanks.

-- dkm