We have a system with dual DVI outputs cloned to go to two
screens.  For reasons I will not go into, one of those goes through a
DVI to VGA adapter plus other equipment before it reaches a
monitor.  We need to play some video files on both screens of this
system.  When we run the files in WMP or whatever, they show up just
fine on the direct DVI monitor.  However, the other montitor shows
everything on the screen *except* the video playing in the
window.  This only happens with some videos.  Some videos show up
just fine on both screens, while others show up on the direct DVI
screen but not the other.

We cannot figure out how to make this hardware work with all our
videos, or make all our videos work with this hardware.  At this
point I suspect the DVI to VGA adapter, but that is only a
guess.  Perhaps there is some oddball copy protection in place that
blocks just the video pixels in going from DVI to VGA.  But who knows?

Anybody have any ideas?  Thanks.

-- dkm