I wanted to pass the following information along to the list given that a lot of IT members of this list frequently have contact with people in Purchasing, MSU Stores, Accounts Payable, etc.

University Services is making improvements to its phone service. All of the main department phone numbers and fax numbers will stay the same. Effective October 28, 2008 you will be able to reach University Services staff on a direct dial basis, without use of the main number and extensions. This change will provide you with greater access to our staff without the use of an automated system or having to be routed by a receptionist. Please be aware, that we may experience a brief interruption in service on this date. We appreciate your support and patience while we make this change.

http://usdinfo.msu.edu/USNewPhoneNumbers.htm

- Al