From: MSU Network Administrators Group [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Al Puzzuoli
Sent: Tuesday, October 21, 2008 11:39 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MSUNAG] Antispam for exchange Revisited.

In the continuing search for the perfect antispam tool, our department
is currently evaluating sunbelt's Ninja software.  There are two things
that make Ninja very appealing over most of the other solutions I've
seen: 1.  It's price point (we only have 25 users in our department) and
2, it's tight integration with Outlook (my director is very much in
favor of an outlook spam/junk folder as opposed to users logging into a
web interface.).  As it stands, Ninja would be my solution of choice but
for one very unfortunate flaw, which at least in our case is a total
deal breaker.  Keyboard accessibility to the Ninja console UI is very
poor.  I would be the person responsible for administering the system
and since I don't use a mouse... Well, you can see the problem.  I've
been in contact with Sunbelt support and management, and they've
promised to add section 508 compliancy to their to do list; but, I'm not
exactly holding my breath in expectation of a quick fix.

Are there any Ninja competitors which offer a similar system at a
similar price point?  Sunbelt quoted us a 3 year 25 user license for
$583.55.  The only  solution I've seen thus far that appears to be
similar is Microsoft's Antigen; but, I haven't spent a lot of time
studying  or pricing it out yet.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts or info,

Al Puzzuoli
Information Technologist
Resource Center for Persons with Disabilities  517-884-1915  120 Bessey
Hall East Lansing, MI  48824-1033 http://www.rcpd.msu.edu