Don Bosman wrote:
> We currently pay $54.00 per month. "Commencing with the October 31
> paycheck, dues will need to be accessed [sic] at a flat rate fee of $60.00 per
> month for each FTE"...   page 1

Thanks.  Now, to put this in perspective, how much do members of other
unions pay in dues?  For that matter, what other bargaining units do we
have at MSU?  I know of the CTA, but beyond that I am afraid that I do
not kept up with these matters.

Also, while we are on job classifications (admittedly weak segue...),
this has puzzled me for a long time:  My title here is "Systems
Designer", and in all my years here I have not met another "Systems
Designer".  Am I alone?  Is anyone else out there?  I would be curious
to trade notes with others to see what they do under the rubric of
"Systems Designer," and how that may differ from other IT classifications.

Thanks a bunch,
-- David McFarlane, Systems Designer